Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks New York!

I’m thankful for so many things. My family and my friends mean a lot to me. They are always there when I need them. Not only do they support me, but they also stop me when I’m trying to do something stupid. In other words, I can always rely on them, no matter what I’ve done, they stand always behind me. In connection to that, I’m so grateful that I’ve found good friends here in NYC. They are such a big part of my language stay. Without them, I would probably suffer more from homesickness. We have so much fun together, and because I don’t think that I can take that for granted, I’m even more thankful for these contacts I’ve made in the Big Apple. They’ve earned all the best words especially after this weekend. Since it was my birthday, they surprised me with so many things, and took care of the whole weekend. Finding people that nice is definitely not given at any time in someone’s life.

Additionally, I’m very thankful for my health. Of course, I was ill like everyone, but I’ve luckily never had some major issues with my health. Neither have I been operated, nor am I allergic to something, which would restrict my living or eating habits. When I heard that I’m allergic to penicillin, I thought, “Sure, it had to be me.” But seriously, I’m so lucky for being blessed with a good health.

Even though I’m most thankful for things that are not connected with money, I have to admit that I’m glad that I was born in a hardworking family, that does not have to worry about essential things like food or a home. All the homeless people in New York make me feel bad because I don’t have to worry where I sleep or where I get my food. New York really taught me that everything I have is special and worth to be appreciated.

(325 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment